30 December 2009

Sigh, I want pretty things. Wait, scratch that. I want things, preferably pretty.

I'm in "move the hell out of my parents' house" mode again. Granted, I know that, while monetarily possible at this point in time, it's probably best that I hang around until I pay my debts off. It's not a lot of money, in complete contrast to my previous $33,000 medical bill fiasco from 2007 - 2008, but it's enough to make me uncomfortable.

Plus, I'm going back to nursing school, so there's going to be some issues there. All in all, I am not quite sure what I am going to do. Plenty of people work and get through nursing school without living at home, but I figure if I have the option of not paying rent for the time being, why not take it? Then the little annoying Mature Voice slaps me on the back of the head, telling me to grow up.

Hopefully, my father will win the lottery or some old man/woman will find me so adorable that they have to fund my further education. (That's my "I Will Forever Be 12" persona.)

Whatever I decide to do, I'm still dreaming of what I can use to furnish my apartment/house/basement. Here are some of my ideas (and how inappropriate is this, considering Christmas just effing happened):



1) a princess phone from the 1950s



 (There's something about this phone that makes me happy. I think it's the fact that it is one of the rotary dialers.)





2) a framed copy of Van Gogh's "Almond Blossom" painting (isn't it pretty???)



3) a coffee table/ottoman (complete with tons o' storage for my plethora of blankets)

4) old fashioned table settings (with sugar bowl, creamer thingie, mustard jar, etc. - I frequent the Look in the Attic webpage for all sorts of vintage fun) and vintage silverware (preferably plated since it's not as expensive*)


5) one of those TownHaus doggie dens that, yet again, are ridiculously pricey

6) a turntable for my growing collection of LPs (I know, how hipster of me)


7) plenty of sets of 1000 thread count sheets - I am spoiled on these and do not care that people know this. It's like sleeping on top of heaven.

8) a huge armoire like the one my mom has upstairs in what she and I call the junk/sewing room. It's just handy.

At this point, all I'm doing is depressing myself so I should probably stop. Although what I'm probably going to really do is come up with a non-electronic version of this list so I can stay on top of things. That planner I haven't used since I got it last year really is proving to be quite a wonderful tool.

On a side note, oh my GOD, tomorrow is the last day of the year.


* True story - I found a set of gold-plated silverware from 1764 at an antique store in Nashville and that was going for $5000. Not a penny less. You'd better shit the gold back out in bricks for that kind of cash.

2 comments:

  1. Van Gogh's Almond Blossom is one of my favorite pieces of art and that's a lot when one takes into account my love for great works of art. Your blog is lovely.
    Every happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you very much! :)

    I'm not even that big a fan of Van Gogh, which I find even stranger that my favorite painting is by him. I'm more of a Kandinsky-Whistler (his "Nocturne in Black and Gold" is gorgeous) -Schwitters kinda gal, but my artistic taste is broadening. Always a good thing.

    I hope that you have a safe and wonderful New Year's!

    ReplyDelete